Mission & Purpose
In support of the RCC institutional mission and purpose, the mission of the Gerald B. James Library is to serve RCC students, faculty, staff and the residents of Rockingham County by providing a variety of services and resources that support and strengthen the instructional programs of the college and the higher education needs of the community. To accomplish this the library will:
- Consult and actively work with faculty and other users in supporting academic excellence by the acquisition, organization and maintenance of resources necessary for current and anticipated instructional programs.
- Promote information literacy by educating users to effectively access, evaluate and utilize information resources.
- Cooperate with all types of libraries, library networks, and consortia in sharing resources and providing maximum access to information in a cost effective manner.
- Collect, organize, preserve and make accessible a collection of primary source materials relating to the history of Rockingham County and the local community.
- Provide both on and off campus access to resources and services
- Monitor and evaluate new and traditional technologies as appropriate for teaching and accessing information.